Ryan's Notebook

Yes, I have a blog - when we're out and about, we bullshit about a lot, and about nothing. There's always nonsense that can't be settled at the bar so I carry a notebook with me, and keep track of what needs more research. Having an email distribution list was too 20th century for me, so I made a blog. And it rules!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

You just love my bloggy style.

I'm going to start this with some self-indulgence. If you're wondering how my genius operates, I'm laying in bed, listening to The Pogues and watching NASCAR. So there. One of these days I'll be listening to Morrissey and crying, I promise.

There seem to be quite a few hemp beers out there (you may need to register for that...sorry). The one I was thinking of was the 420 IPA from Stone Coast Brewing, but there is nothing to indicate that there is hemp in that one. It's just the name to get the hippies excited.

In looking up the history of the Ivy League, I came across this, and the only nice thing they could say about Yale is that they hosted the World Special Olympics in 1995. That's about right. Wikipedia has a pretty good history, but there isn't anything about Holy Cross or Rutgers ever being offered admission. But, back in the day, it seemed to be a much looser organization that really was formed for the safety of goalposts everywhere. Like these nerds had nothing better to do? Really? In 1935 the Associated Press said, "the athletic authorities of the so-called 'Ivy League' are considering drastic measures to curb the increasing tendency toward riotous attacks on goal posts and other encroachments by spectators on playing fields." It was 1935! The Depression had just ended, and Hitler was about to visit Poland! And the geeks wanted to keep the goalposts safe? Man.

Now I'm all worked up, so here.

At the B Side the Shlitz/green chartreuse frapp combo is called the Windsor Hi Low. If you're ever in Cambridge, give it a try.

I don't know what transit police can and can't do. They can give tickets, I think they have their own jails, but I don't know if they can shoot to kill or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they can.

Yes, The Bravery sing "Honest Mistake". Take a look at them. They look like girls. But they're obviously cool, because they all look like they have better things to do than have their pictures taken. I'm calling them lame, and I'm basing it on that one photo. This is the Internet - it was made for irrational snap judgments.

When playing 301/501, the real way to play involves ending with a double. If you have 20 left to go, you need to hit a double 10 to win. But, you can choose to play without that rule. Check it out here. Or maybe you just want to play annoying intarweb darts.

Yeah, if you owe people money, they garnish your wages. I guess I knew that, but it sounds funny, for some reason.

Jeff Hironaka is the Asian-American basketball coach of Seattle Pacific University, a Division II school. The Seattle Times wrote about him.

Here's a little experiment. Here's an old picture of Axl Rose. (Someone tell the guys from The Bravery that the "rock stars who look like girls" has been done before.) And here we have the new Axl. It doesn't even look like the same guy. Axl sucks, anyway. It's all about Dizzy Reed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home