Ryan's Notebook

Yes, I have a blog - when we're out and about, we bullshit about a lot, and about nothing. There's always nonsense that can't be settled at the bar so I carry a notebook with me, and keep track of what needs more research. Having an email distribution list was too 20th century for me, so I made a blog. And it rules!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

SoupBowl Sundae, suckas!

There's a lot to get to, y'all, and I don't even know who the Super Bowl MVP was, though I think it should have been Jerome Bettis' mom, or the Rolling Stones' half-time androgyny.

Sandra Day O'Connor (or, as I call her, SDOC) tossed the coin at the 2006 Rose Bowl, where Texas upset USC. This, of course, is in response to Tom Brady tossing the coin at Super Bowl XL.

Hugh Hefner has 4 children, according to imdb.com (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005005/bio). Two with his first wife, Mildred, to whom he was married from 1949 to 1959, and two with Kimberly, who he was married to from 1989 to 1999. No idea how old they are - though we can do some math. The first two are old, the second two aren't old enough...yet.

Jonathan Davis, the singer from Korn, has a child he named Pirate. Johnny Depp's child is Lily-Rose. Johnny Depp, of course, is cooler than Jonathan Davis, BTW.

John Madden was born April 10, 1936, in Austin, Minnesota. This makes him 69 years old, as of tonight. Eagle was 100% correct. For posterity's sake, Katie guessed 74, Rich had 68 while Feds and I said 63.

Uncle Joey was Joseph Alvin Gladstone on "Full House", where he was Ranger Joe, with that annoying woodchuck thing (named Mr. Woodchuck).

On dictionary.com, cardigan is defined as "a knitted garment, such as a sweater or jacket, that opens down the full length of the front." Yes, it's a cardigan, even if it zips.

The only things I have to look up is Tom Brady's winning percentage with gloves on vs. without, but I may be too lazy to find it out. The other thing is, what the hell is the difference between a union and a player's association? I'll look that up later, because I'm curious. I'll let you know.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, nice work. Eags, nice cardigan.

2/06/2006 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you had started this last week, so that knowing you could've helped generate some cred' at the midnight showing of "Transforms The Movie" on Saturday.

2/06/2006 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the RSS and podcast?

2/06/2006 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Player's Association is a name of a specific union - the Major League Baseball Player's Association is the specific name of their union. It also can be explained with the famous (!nerd alert!) rhetoric "A square is always a rhombus, but a rhombus isn't always a square."

2/06/2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my knowledge the MLBPA is not an actual Union and that is the difference. MLBPA is a worker's association and I guess the question should then be what is the difference between a worker's association and a union.

2/06/2006 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my first time reading a blog and adding a comment. i must say that's it's been a positive experience. thanks for that Ryan...

2/06/2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like alot.

2/06/2006 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are already rumors circulating that celebrity blogger Kyle Whelliston from espn.com has been seen viewing your blog.

2/08/2006 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As president of the internets, I feel compelled to post to this blog, which will become infamous.

2/08/2006 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home