Ryan's Notebook

Yes, I have a blog - when we're out and about, we bullshit about a lot, and about nothing. There's always nonsense that can't be settled at the bar so I carry a notebook with me, and keep track of what needs more research. Having an email distribution list was too 20th century for me, so I made a blog. And it rules!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Mine's the Sun!

At the B Side lounge in Cambridge, they serve the “Windsor Hi Low", which is a Green Chartreuse frapp served with a pounder can of Schlitz. This may seem like a good idea (and the bartenders will give you a really sexy description of Chartreuse), but it isn’t. It turns out Chartreuse tastes a lot like grass clippings that have been run through juicer.

In the state of Massachusetts, district attorneys are elected, not appointed. I can’t recall ever voting for one, but I also don't plan on being prosecuted by one, so I guess I shouldn’t really care.

The Publick House in Brookline offers Stump Team Trivia Sunday nights at 8:30 p.m. This is the same time trivia takes place at the White Horse Tavern, but I’m betting that the Publick House’s trivia jockey is nowhere near as cool as Will at the White Horse.

If the moon was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it? I know I would. Turns out Harry Caray wasn’t such a nice guy, according to Milo Hamilton, Caray’s former broadcast partner.

This is lame, I know, but the US women's hockey team just went to OT in the semi-final with Sweden, so I need to watch. And please try to remember, guns don't shoot their friends by accident...Dick Cheney shoots his friends by accident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home