Ryan's Notebook

Yes, I have a blog - when we're out and about, we bullshit about a lot, and about nothing. There's always nonsense that can't be settled at the bar so I carry a notebook with me, and keep track of what needs more research. Having an email distribution list was too 20th century for me, so I made a blog. And it rules!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Credit, Civics, Hockey...And Roz!

First things first...I don't know anything about "The Cosby Show" episode featuring some kind of challenge, said with a strange French inflection. Plus, there's a lot to get to, so grab a drink and get comfortable.

To start, we're turning the reins over to Basil for a minute. Here's some stuff he dug up on various things (I won't editorialize, as I'm not qualified to editorialize on anything).

The three credit bureaus all reported fairly consistent numbers, with Experian giving the highest score, Transunion a couple points behind, and Equifax 26 points back. Percentilewise, Equifax put me nine percent behind Experian (Transunion was 1% behind Experian).

As far as my credit report, Experian had the most information, including my employment history, which neither Transunion or Equifax had. Experian had not yet updated their records to show I'm back at a company I used to work for. Transunion missed a couple address changes, as it reported my parent's address as my third most recent address.

Transunion had more records of accounts, but only because it still has records of some accounts that have long been closed/inactive.

Of the three inquiries into my account, Equifax was used for two, Experian for one.

The difference between a
charge card and a credit card is that a credit card allows you to carry a balance and a charge card doesn't .

Finally, here's the
Passion of the Benny Hill. Horrific, but funny. (Editor's Note: This is bloody. Funny, but bloody.)

Big, big thanks to Basil. I couldn't really see myself looking any of that stuff up.

So, everyone is worked up about Bryant Gumble's comments on the Winter Olympics. Just because the Ancient Greeks didn't have ice (or snow) (or, for that matter, indoor plumbing, running water, or the intarweb) and the lack of black athletes "makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention". The whole thing is fairly ridiculous.

Ryan Miller, goalie for the Buffalo Sabres played his college hockey at Michigan State.

Speaking of hockey, Dave Poulin, former Bruin forward. He also played his college hockey at Notre Dame. For some reason, last Saturday (2/18/06) he was analyzing the Cornell v Harvard hockey game between periods.

There was, for whatever reason, a discussion about how Constitutional Amendments are ratified. I don't know how they do it, but 3/4ths of all states must approve them. There are two ways amendments get to the states, and the president never gets involved.

So, um, yeah. Apparently, Kid Rock and Scott Stapp have a sex tape together, with 4 women...supposedly. Kid, however, is suing to make sure the video is never released. We may never know if there really were four other women on there with them. I kind of hope we never find out.

Everyone remembers that all of the settlers in Roanoke mysteriously vanished. Only Basil came close to remembering what was carved on the post: "Croatan".

In 1990, Harvard hockey player, and the current head coach of the Crimson, Ted Donato appeared on everyone's favorite game show. I'd tell you more, but the article tells the whole story pretty well.

In August of 2004, New York Met pitcher Tom Glavine lost some teeth in a taxi accident near LaGuardia. The good news? He didn't go on the disabled list. And the Mets...won the World Series?

Two quick things from the Slam Dunk Contest last Saturday...Spud Webb (I don't even know if that's him on the right, but it's a funny picture nonetheless) was only 5'6" when he played. (Though he is the shortest player ever to win a dunk contest.) Dee Brown won the Slam Dunk contest in 1991. (This was the year he covered his eyes and pumped his pumps.)

Marsha Warfield was in the Mr. T classic D.C. Cab. It's unclear if she knows there's a shot named after her. I guess she'd be proud.

If you've made it this far, you may have noticed there were ads at the top. If you have nothing better to do, click one or two every now and again. I'm not looking for enough money to quit my job. Once you click the ads enough, I get a check for $100. When I get that check, I may buy a round or two of drinks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Marsha Warfield shot: 1 part soko, 1 part lime, 1 part jack daniels.

Try it, you'll like it.

2/26/2006 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home